FISH contacts, meetings and events
FISH-HEIRNET meetings are held twice a year with a technical meeting in Spring and a strategic meeting in Autumn. Venue varies. Below are Agendas for up-coming meetings and the Minutes from previous meetings. All archived meeting papers and presentations (where available) are stored on FISH JISCMAIL.
The meetings are chaired by the FISH Convener, David Thomas, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (RCAHMW).
FISH Co-ordinator is Dan Miles, Historic England. Please email Dan if you would like to attend any of the FISH-HEIRNET meetings.
Autumn Meeting – 29 November 2016
- Location: Conference Room, John Sinclair House, Historic Environment Scotland, 16 Bernard Terrace, Edinburgh, EH8 9NX
- Topics & updates: Scottish Spatial Data Infrastructure, Furthering our Understanding – developing English Research Frameworks, ARIADNE , Brexit – Implications for the Historic Environment Information Resources, OASIS Herald Project – the proposed changes to OASIS and BIAB, ScARF: Scottish archaeology as a regional jigsaw – creating localised frameworks, Implementing Scotland’s Historic Environment Data Strategy, Scotland’s Urban Past – Standards in community contributions, and the Thesaurus of Cultural Heritage.
- Download: Edinburgh Agenda and Edinburgh Minutes
Spring Technical Meeting – 8 June 2016
- Location: The Hive, Sawmill Walk, The Butts, Worcester, WR1 3PD.
- Topics & updates: MIDAS Heritage, FISHTWG and the Thesaurus of Cultural Heritage, Presentation on Data Supply and Reconciliation Project (NRHE to HER), HERALD, Heritage Information Access Strategy (HIAS), FISH websites and Reports from Contributing Organisations
- Download: Worcester Agenda and Cambridge Minutes
Autumn Strategic Meeting – 3 November 2015
- Location: English Heritage, Brooklands House, 24 Brooklands Avenue, Cambridge CB2 8BU
- Topics & updates: Heritage2020 in England, National Historic Environment Information Strategies review (SHED, HIAS, Welsh Heritage Bill), OASIS (HERALD) development, BIAB , INSPIRE, ResearchSpace
- Download: Cambridge Agenda and London Minutes
Spring Technical Meeting – 8 June 2015
- Location: Historic England, 1 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London
- Topics & updates: the future direction of MIDAS Heritage, Thesaurus of Cultural Heritage, FISH contributions to TACOs, The Data Supply and Reconciliation Project
- Download: London Agenda and Cardiff Minutes
Autumn Strategic Meeting – 18 November 2014
- Location: National Museum Wales, Cathays Park, Cardiff CF10 3NP
- Topics & updates: Data Standards Work in Wales / Heritage Bill, SHED, Heritage Information Access Strategy HIAS, Getty Vocabulary Program ITWG, Arches Project (Getty), ARIADNE (Advanced Research Infrastructure for Archaeological Dataset Networking), LoCloud (Local Content in a Europeana Cloud), NEARCH (New Scenarios for a Community-involved Archaeology), TACOS discussion, Wales HER Software Suite, Archwilio, People’s Collection, the PAS in Wales, Implementing Linked data in PAS, Implementing SENESCHAL vocabularies at ADS.
- Download: Minutes
Past events include the TACOS seminar held in May 2014. TACOS stands for Towards a Collaborative Strategy for sector information management and was set up to aid and promote a forward plan to develop a common research agenda and strategy for UK historic environment information management in the future.
Partnerships included FISH, the Historic Environment Information Resources Network (HEIRNET) and various heritage sector working groups such as the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists Information Management Special Interest Group (IMSIG).