“Knowledge Organisation: what’s the story?”
Classification, Indexing, Taxonomies and Ontologies – current state and direction of travel.
Provisional conference programme now available.
- Who: ISKO – International Society for Knowledge Organization
- When: 11-12 September 2017
- Where: Canada Water Library and Cultural Space, London
‘One of the highlights of the conference will be the second day’s “False Narratives” session, aiming to develop a KO response to post-truth phenomena such as Fake news, Alternative facts, Social media echo chambers and other worrying developments. Not everyone is worried, though. According to some analyses, fake news may not have had much impact on events such as the 2016 US presidential election. Should we worry more about the home-grown bias of personalized feeds from our web browsers?
Enlightenment on the technical issues, and energy to pursue solutions, will come from our first two speakers in this special session on 12 September:
- a research project led by the innovative Dave Clarke explores ways of combating the post-truth phenomena, in consultation with leading information professionals;
- just 3 months after the snap election, Nick Poole reports on CILIP’s “Facts Matter” campaign and where we go from here.’